Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Welcome to the blog event of a lifetime.

Well, maybe I won´t go that far, but I think there are some great videos and pics in this and the prior 3 or 4 blogs. So please, get comfy, grab a hot cup of tea or coffee and your favorite blanket and...
Enjoy.



here is yet mas footage of the famous wild peruvian perro. Some say it is a very dangerous animal but I think you just have to gain its trust in a non threatening way.


this is my community partner in a community I work. His name is Don José Espino and he is a cool guy. Horse trainer by trade and municipal agent for his community. Here he is posing with the new sewer line in the pueblo of José Olaya.
this is the oxidation lagoon for the waste water treatment system in José Olaya.

Here is the line near the entrance to the lagoon.
José Espino and me posing by the buzones - sewer manholes.

Brining in the material. There have been some issues about quality control of the dirt brought in. Some of the engineers found tierra muerta or "dead soil" which is very dusty soil that doesn´t compact. There is supposed to be a mix of gravelly sandy rocky dirt with clay and waterd and compacted.

cool foto of a herd of cattle moseying along in the chacra - farm plots again in José Olaya.

Cute pic I got of some shepherd kids or zagalos.


Hand washing parade in my town.



here I am leading the parade. I felt a little awkward b/c I did not organize this but they wanted to put the gringo in the front. Sweet.


These kids are just too cute. To the right the girl in a yellow shirt seems to be incredibly enthusiastic about hand washing. Nice.


No comments: