Friday, July 25, 2008

Pre-Departure

So I've completed my first year of Graduate School at Michigan Tech and what a great time! My roommates Gwyn and Josh are already in country for the Peace Corps, Suriname and Zambia, respectively and my other roommate Kaitlin is heading for Panama in August. I leave for staging on September 10th and leave for Peru on the 12th. I am starting to feel the pressure of all the things I need to do to prepare for my next two years in Peru, so I started this blogspot. So far I have been hanging out in Grand Junction, Colorado at my parents house and working with my dad doing carpentry. I have two weddings in August to go to which will be great to see lots of old friends, eat, drink and dance; no puedo esperar!

Some things to do before I go:
  1. buy a good camera for abroad
  2. create a packing list like Josh's
  3. get ipod fixed, hopefully!
  4. create photo albums to show new friends
  5. order a Steripen (uv light backpacking water purification)
  6. ???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gonna miss ya hommie!! Can't wait for pics. Be safe and have fun!!

Unknown said...

Hola Amigo, can't wait to come to Peru to hike the mountains with you and take over the country! Say hi to the chicas there for me and always remember drink beer before the water! I love you my friend. Jamezo...

turia said...

hello little brother hope all is well across the world or atleast the americas! just checkin out your blog spot.....where are all the pictures!anywho miss ya hope you are havin a blast.love THE GRAN TURTUR...PS mamma says,hola y amor desde ur mamma!

famckenz said...

sweet, comments, love it!!! i am working on the pics, but nowhere has wireless interntet and i can´t seem to download pics on the computers here at internet cafes.... i´ll get er done though, ciao.
fletch